Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Show Time: The Contender Asia

So here it is, folks. The moment I've been waiting for.=P

So I've resigned myself to the perpetuation of my current affliction. I'm letting insomnia claim me whole, body and soul. So much for perennial NY resolution number 2.



Why the reference to sleeplessness, you ask? Because The Contender has several contenders for the plum, exclusive viewership in our household. There's the first few matches of this year's Australian Open airing live and going for reruns just about 24/7 for the latter part of this month. And let me not forget, there's also the premiere of American Idol Season 6 showing on Star World. Now as is quite obvious, Muay Thai ain't at the forefront of mainstream couch potato consciousness. Whereas what do you get when you pit the likes of tennis rockstars Federer, Nadal, and that beautiful rake from Russia, Marat, against a catty Brit music producer-slash-judge and his posse of toothy American Dreamers? Instant ratings.

Okay, I know, too many references. What it all basically means is, the battle for the remote is on.

No comments: