Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Epic Final: I Love You More Today Than Yesterday

6 July 2008, Wimbledon. I should have seen this. I really should have. I don't know why I didn't. But I do know now why people say regret comes only in the end.

As such, I can only relive the high drama through prose.

Sublime Spaniard stretches the imagination

Dispatches: A Post-Wimbledon Dialogue

The Death of Wanting

This is sportswriting-cum-commentating at its most poetic. Nothing ensnares and enraptures as much as a beautifully spun yarn about a battle of mythic proportions (which actually took place just this weekend and is now entrenched in the annals of sports history).

Nothing.. Except maybe seeing the action play out in real life. Or, okay, on low-fi cable TV, as the case would have been.

Well, anyway. All hail Rafa, all hail The Fed! Long live the quintessential kings of tennis!


Photo courtesy of tennis.com

4 comments:

cath said...

ei varbs, fyi. we're thinking of going to batanes next year. around feb-mar to avoid the typhoons. complete plans by next year pa. hehehe.. heads up lang:)

Eliot said...

So happy that Nadal won! Though I have to admit that I felt a bit of guilt not cheering for Federer.

Btw, you might want to join my contests:
1) Are We Beyond Redemption? - Whoever adopts this tag will receive a special wallpaper quality photo of Geumgang Mountain in North Korea, photo taken in Summer of 2007.

2) Weapons of Mass ECtractions - Top 3 EntreCard droppers will receive rare photos of North Korea's Mt. Geumgang.

3) The Clutter Junkster - This links to some interesting back posts. For every 7 comments, blogger will receive a special photo taken from North Korea, Summer of 2007


Have a great weekend!

Eliot said...

I'm sorry but I don't know a person of that name. I lived in Daejeon City. Where does he live? But you know, his name sounds familiar. Did he study in Southernside Montessori during his elementary years?

fafarrahzzi said...

the name is gary pala, not gerard/gerald. he's also from UP (chem engg). he's at seoul uni daw pala. dunno about southernside, though.