Thursday, May 26, 2005

Regression Analysis II

It was yesterday when I the epiphany. Despite only a few hours of sleep, I awoke with a start. And with full clarity, I saw it. The sign.

It wasn't meant to be. And I'm cool with that. Finally. Sure, it would be fun to be mighty cool with him again, but I guess we're really better off as just friends. It's just one of those things that you know to be true, you know? Coz deep down, despite the acknowledgement of his finer attributes, despite his being the quasi-epitome of the guy of your dreams thus far, you recognize that something fundamental is amiss. And you know that you do deserve better...

But still, it was sort of fun to be missing someone like that. To have your head in the clouds whenever you thought about the way he used to make you laugh (whether he meant to or not). To be thinking of badminton matches and video marathons and home-made gourmet dinners that will never happen. To be looking for his face among the crowd on the sands of a tropical paradise, even when you know his presence there was unlikely.

All I know is... Passion, even in delusion, is far better than living in static reality.

.........................

The dream was fun while it lasted. But I'm wide awake now.

No comments: