Friday, September 01, 2006

OT Blues

~~currently vibing Rod Stewart's The Great American Songbook volume II~~

Listening to Cher's voice in "Bewitched, Bothered, Bewildered" (in duet with Rod Stewart) reminds me of that period film she did with Dame Judi Dench, Tea with Mussolini. Man, I'm so turning Euro. At least, I wish. I so wanna traipse along the Italian countryside and soak up all that Mediterranean goodness. I wanna eat fiorgelato all day in the village piazza with girlfriends while making long-distance goo-goo eyes with some shy dark-haired paisano from school. Oh, well. The closest I can get to all that is the chicken mushroom pasta I had tonight. Duh. It didn't even taste distinctly Italian. But hey, I'll take whatever cheap thrill I can get. Oh, and Rod "the Mod" Stewart, too. Even though he ain't no paisano.

No comments: